Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch log - blank last line?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch log - blank last line?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 06:28:44 -0400

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 01:26:06PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> > Well, I tend to do 'tla commit -s "my log summary here."'
>
> Is there any practical difference to have the summary replicated in the
> body of the log (--log-message/-L) over having an empty body and just
> the summary (--summary/-s)??

I think it's only that some people like one, other people like the other; I
know of no place -- either in tla or external tools -- in which the log body
is used without the summary.  There's probably a slight historical factor as
-L existed before -s.

Personally the duplicate text created by -L drives me nuts, so I use -s
(also implemented it :-).

-Miles
--
We live, as we dream -- alone....