[Gnu-arch-users] tla [unix-like] commands

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla [unix-like] commands
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:50:00 +1000

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 12:40, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> I disagree.
>
> tla subcommands that mirror Unix commands for manipulating files are
>
> 1) easy to remember, eg:
>   tla rm
>   tla rmdir
>   tla mv
>   tla cp
>   tla chmod

I don't need it a lot, but I have found myself typing "tla cp ..."
before realising "oh, this isn't bitkeeper, I can't do that here".
For example, just now I did this.

So there's another reason to add to this list of reasons why tla
should include a full complement of unix-like subcommands (intutive,
at least for those coming from proprietary land who are used to it).