Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bitkeeper or arch and group culture

From: Sri Ramkrishna
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bitkeeper or arch and group culture
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:11:54 -0700

John,

Like you, I too want to use Arch in a business like settings and I
understand where you're coming from.  However, like a lot of open source
project that start becoming popular and moves towards critical mass
there is a lot of flux and issues that come out in the open.  Whether
thats control issues or personality conflicts whatever.  It'll either
make or break the project.  But as long as the project members are
willing to compromise and work things out and recognize that in order to
take the project forward things will have to change.

GNOME had a similar situation several years ago.  Massive amounts of
flammage, paranoia whatever that would come up.  But eventually things
settle down and GNOME works beautifully with timed releases.  Morever,
at least we don't have the inconvenience of having your dirty laundry
aired in slashdot like we did. :-)

Essentially, I'm saying don't be put off by the flammage it's a normal
process of a project.  It happens in companies too but hidden.  At least
you can appreciate the openness of the theater we have here. :-)

sri