Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Link with permissions

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Link with permissions
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 07:38:24 +1000

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 01:51, Robin Farine wrote:

> I get it now. Personally, I am all in favor of files using Tom's
> lisp-like extension languague. Each top-level list could define a
> group of attributes such as
>
>     (colors
>         (foo red)
>         ...)
>     (permissions
>         (...)
>         ...)
>
> I might get "killed" for this though.

DEATH DEATH address@hidden())( KILL KILL &()@!#$(*#%(()((() ())) ()) ()))))
*(_!!!! ))))) DIE

Just kidding. I do in fact agree. I just hope that when it comes
to logical and imperative (as opposed to declarative) constructions,
(ie a programming language) there is a non-prefix version.

On the other hand, it doesn't take that long to pick up something
new - I've changed coding indentation styles over the years,
sometimes for external reasons, sometimes to just see what all
the fuss was about. In _every_ case I experienced, after at most
three weeks, it was feeling natural and comfortable. And now I can
comfortably swap between styles and not cringe.

We humans are strange creatures of habit I believe...

Mumble mumble, 2c mumble
Zen