[Gnu-arch-users] Re: community spirit

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: community spirit
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:17:02 +0100

* Thomas Lord <address@hidden> [Nov 01, 2004 13:55]:
> A. Only with extreme skepticism and, with the question in the back of
>    their mind, "Why did Canonical choose to be so rude to Tom?"

The question in my mind is "why did they choose to fork the tla
implementation, when all they seem to be worried with is, what they
believe to be, a user-unfriendly UI?" I mean, as far as I've understood
things, there are loads of projects wrapping up tla's functionality in
"prettier" and "easier to use" UIs.  Have I been mistaken.

I'm sure their intentions are good, yet one has to wonder exactly why
they wish to solve their issues with the current interface to Arch in
this manner.
        nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::