Re: [Gnu-arch-users] removing a branch?

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] removing a branch?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:50:21 -0500

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 12:17:58PM -0800, Bobby Holley wrote:

> I made a test branch in a project archive I've been working on to
> play around with using arch to do revision control on documents
> (doctest--dev--1.0). However, I'm done with it now and need to
> figure out how to remove it (the version, the branch, and the
> category) from the project archive. How is this done?

You can't do it with arch directly.

With direct file access to the repository, you can delete the entire
category tree, directly under the archive root (on the same level as
'=meta-info').  In your case, it should be called 'doctest'.

Categories, branches, and versions are entirely self-contained;
there's no sort of index to update.

(Unless, of course, you use .listing files, and then I think archive-
fixup will do those.)