Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bugs.gnuarch.org shut down

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] bugs.gnuarch.org shut down
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:49:20 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Andrew Suffield <address@hidden>

    > After months of unattended bug reports, the bugs.gnuarch.org database
    > is now thoroughly out of sync with tla, to the point where it's not
    > useful. Since there seems to be no real interest in using it, and I
    > don't have time to maintain it if it's not going to be used, I haven't
    > been bothering to process new bugs for some time now. It's effectively
    > just been acting as a mailing list archive, and we already have one of
    > those.

    > Rather than mislead people into thinking it's active, I've taken it
    > offline.

Fair enough.  It /was/ based on a particualr and now evidently
unrealizable dream about how "comaintainership" might evolve.

And, more importantly, it convincingly demonstrated `N+1' nifty things
and so:

We'll get something back up right quick, largely inspired by your
excellent work.

I'm sorry it flopped this way but, before it did, it really did help
quite a bit, not least in shaping people's thinking about what is
possible.

Thank you for your hard work and may you receive a virtual round of
applause.