Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fai renaming suggestions

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fai renaming suggestions
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:57:08 -0600

Aaron Bentley wrote:
The acronym Fai conflicts with the name of a package in Debian. It's time to pick a new name, so I'm asking for suggestions. A good name will

1. Communicate the purpose of the tool
2. Not be easily confusable with significant software projects or packages in Debian
3. Have a three-letter short-form that's easy to type

Any thoughts?

Aaron

What about Arch Version Control (AVC)?

I don't have debian to tell what packages are in it, though I assume this is a reasonable listing:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/allpackages.en.txt.gz

There is also stuff like:

Interface To Arch (either ITA, or i2a)

Or maybe "super-arch" (though that might conflict with spam assassin)

I think over-arch is already taken.

I can't find it right now, but I believe Zenaan wrote an email in the past about names that he would like. I think one of them was just 'v' for "version this". He was very favorable to very short names.

John
=:->