Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE-REQUEST]: segfault using variable length arg

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE-REQUEST]: segfault using variable length argument list of rel_add_records()
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:02:51 -0500

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 11:28 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> Probably. I've fixed similar bugs before :|

Yeah, I remembered that and hence the question.

> That would break varargs (think va_printf).

It wouldn't have to.  The same way that you can specify a function
accepts a printf-like format string and arguments using gcc's
__attribute__ extension, you could specify that the ... list should
consist of values all of the same type and possibly be terminated by
either a null pointer or something distinguishing.

--
Matthew Dempsky <address@hidden>