Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with tla-cvs-sync

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with tla-cvs-sync
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:15:28 +0900

On Apr 8, 2005 4:56 AM, Alex Queiroz <address@hidden> wrote:
>      I am using tla-cvs-sync at work to sync one of the company's CVS
> modules with my personal Arch version. The problem is that I've added
> a lot of files to my Arch working copy, committed them, and when I try
> to run tla-cvs-sync in my synchronisation tree I get the following:
>
> cvs commit: use `cvs add' to create an entry for pos/code/src/dom/timer.c

tla-cvs-sync is _supposed_ to do that for you.

It does this by looking at the "A ..." lines in the changeset
description when it replays an arch patch into the synchronization
tree.  Is it possible that somehow you did a "tla update/replay" in
the sync tree manually, so that tla-cvs-sync didn't get a chance to do
it?

[In cases where tla-cvs-sync stops (due to some problem) after
replaying, but before the point at which it does the "cvs add"s, it
stores the changeset-description into a file called
",pending-changeset-changes".  You shouldn't delete that file... :-]

Also, what version are you using?  [tla-cvs-sync --version]

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.