[Gnu-arch-users] Override tagging-method during apply-changeset ?

From: Martin Langhoff
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Override tagging-method during apply-changeset ?
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:38:51 +1200

I am trying to merge changesets of two branches of the same project
that were 'created' separately, albeit with the same file layout. The
'upstream' project is GForge, which we have a customized version we
are upgrading.

The branch I am merging into uses explicit tagging. I want to suspend
disbelief during my apply-patcheset calls so that it uses names
tagging. No files have been moved or renamed in either branch (or I
can apply those patchsets manually).

As you can see, I have this problem because I didn't have a proper
import into Arch of the original vendor branch. I have one now, and
works cleanly going forward. Given that the 'bad' branch -- the one
without proper history -- is going to be orphaned for good, rebuilding
the repositories to have a single starting/branching point is
something I'd like to avoid. Replaying all this history is going to be
a pain.

cheers,

martin