Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: startic build of bazaar

From: Rob Weir
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: startic build of bazaar
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:39:01 +1000

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 12:58:51PM +0200, Daniel Néri said
> Andy Tai <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I tried to build a static binary of Bazaar 1.3.2 without success.
>
> I've made a change that makes the build honour $LDFLAGS:
>
> E.g. build with:
>
>   $ make LDFLAGS=-static

Note that you can't build completely static programs against glibc at
all, anymore; NSS is always loaded dynamically at runtime.  If you just
want a binary that will run most everywhere, your best bet is to build
it against an old distribution, liked redhat 7 or woody.

-rob

--
Words of the day:   Watergate brigand Khaddafi bank Albanian red noise Commecen