Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Corrupt archive

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Corrupt archive
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:56:26 +0200

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 05:15:04PM -0500, John A Meinel wrote:
> Any idea *why* your archive was corrupted? It sounds like someone's
> pristine (or revlib) was out of date, and it wasn't caught by tla.
> Or you deleted a revision from the archive, but didn't delete it from
> either a pristine tree or the revlib (remember changing history is
> dangerous).

I'm not sure. It is possible that I did change history.
Anyway, I fixed the problem by changing history a little more, before
your email :-) Does the arch developers want to look at the archive, or
shall we assume I did some nasty things that caused the problem?

I moved the corrupted patch-28 and the newer patches out of the archive,
did a fresh checkout "get solfege--main--2.5--patch-27", did a new merge
from solfege--main--2.3 and the did a little scripting that unpacked the
patches patch-29 to patch-33, applied the patches and committed them
one by one again.

I know this will break things for people using the archive, but I think
a little asking around will confirm that the only user is me.