[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [Bazaar] register-archive bug?

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [Bazaar] register-archive bug?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:54:44 +0200

Jérôme Marant <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> With bazaar 1.3.2:
>
> $ baz register-archive address@hidden ~/t/foo
> usage: baz register-archive [options] [name] location
> try register-archive --help

I get

usage: baz register-archive [options] [-d name] location
try register-archive --help

So, I guess the docstring was wrong but has been fixed (I use a
patched bazaar--devo--1.4).

It seems the NAME parameter was removed. That's not a bad thing: It is
mostly useless and dangerous. You should use simply

  $ baz register-archive ~/t/foo

and baz will get the name of the archive from the archive itself. (The
only advantage of being able to provide the name was to avoid a
network access to the archive)

--
Matthieu