[Gnu-arch-users] reality check and architecture RFC

From: Stuart Jansen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] reality check and architecture RFC
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:08:12 -0600

First, let me start by thanking the developers for arch. After CVS and
Subversion, it has been a wonderful experience.

Now for my question. I'm working on three closely related projects.
Periodically, the three parts are combined to create releases. I would
like to archive this exact combination in case we need to return to it
at some point. I'm thinking about the best way to do so.

One vague idea I have is creating a fourth project. Doing so would
ensure that the exact combination would always be easily retrievable.
But it seems that any fixes applied to this tree would be hard to then
move to the individual projects.

Alternatively, I could branch each project giving them related names.
Doing so would make merging fixes between branches easy. Unfortunately,
it slightly increase the chance of human error retrieving an exact
combination of revisions.

I'm leaning toward the second course, but would appreciate any advice
from more experienced users first.

--
Stuart Jansen <address@hidden>
Guru Labs, L.C.