[Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch commit on large trees ?

From: Philippe Moutarlier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch commit on large trees ?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:10:34 -0700

Matthieu,

I still had a pristine tree so it was using it. Now things seem ok, but
I would like to understand why I get such big delays there :

baz status

27 sec

* looking for address@hidden/router--home--1.0--patch-5 to compare
with

30 sec

* comparing to address@hidden/router--home--1.0--patch-5

22 sec

M  src/router/Makefile

It seems that the comparison itself is the fastest part of the process.
Why does it take so long to just start looking for the patch, then for
starting the comparison ? Do I have an installation probelm here ?

Thanks

Philippe