Re: [Gnu-arch-users] The future of GNU Arch users

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] The future of GNU Arch users
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:12:18 -0400

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering about the future of GNU Arch users.  I've been using tla
> for a year or so and I've always considered it a good tool, even today.
> However, it seems that many (most?) people on this list don't consider
> tla/baz as valuable tools anymore and are considering moving to GIT or
> Bazaar 2 ASAP (which is, IMO, quite a radical change).

I'm one of the main developers of Bazaar 2, and I still use Arch all the
time.  I do see Arch as a valuable tool, it's just that I see enough
problems with the basic model that I don't think improving Arch
implementations is the best way to get a really great distributed
revision control system.

On the other hand, I'm using, let's see:
my devel branch of tla from last November
Fai from June 9
Baz from about the same time

For me, I don't see new features as key, and Canonical is still doing
maintenance on baz.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bentley