Re: [Gnu-arch-users] question about DARCS token replacement

From: Jeremy Shaw
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] question about DARCS token replacement
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 12:41:57 -0700

Hello,

According to the darcs manual[1]:

 "When using darcs replace, the ``new'' token may not already appear
 in the file--if that is the case, the replace change would not be
 invertible. This limitation holds only on the already-recorded
 version of the file."

There is an override flag:

  -f  --force
   proceed with replace even if 'new' token already exists

I *think* the main side effect of non-reversibility in darcs is that
the patch can not be commuted and therefore depends on previous
patches. I do not know enough to say if that is the only
side-effect.

If you search for 'token' in the manual and read the various sections
they cover a fair bit of detail...

 j.

[1] http://abridgegame.org/darcs/manual/bigpage.html