Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Maintain 'alien' project

From: Andy Tai
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Maintain 'alien' project
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:27:50 -0700

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/Arch_20and_20CVS_20in_20the_20same_20tree

On 5/9/06, Vladimir Zolotykh <address@hidden> wrote:
I frequently enough bump into the following situation. I use a tool (a
project) which is designed by someone else. I make some corrections to
it, however the maker(s) does its own. It's not a GNU Arch project and
I don't have any access to the repository (usually it is a CVS). When
a new version is released it knows nothing of my changes and I have to
apply them manually. Can GNU Arch help me with that?

No built-in support from Arch for this.  So use the approach or scripts referenced from the above page for some help.

I know enough to be able to make import, branches, etc. (the basic
Arch functionality). What I'm not sure about is how to use them in
this particular situation. My intention is to organise my own GNU Arch
project which would allow me to accumulate author's changes easily
enough, at the same time keep my changes also.

--
Vladimir Zolotykh