[Gnu-arch-users] archzoom

From: Andy Tai
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:26:06 -0700

Hi, regarding the recent thread about Archzoom, I was thinking of its performance as a separate issue from some of the performance issues of tla itself.  In my brief understanding of Archzoom, it operates kind of like cgi scripts of the early web where mod-perl achieved better performance by being resident in a server context.

So the high CPU load of Archzoom may suggest that it would be beneficial for tla to be able to operate in a resident manner to carry out operations from a client such as a perl script.

Of course this may relate back to a lot of Tom's writings about "libify" tla, having a scripting layer, etc.  The work of making the tla internals into a library is largely already in place...   so if I have time I may try to look into making tla to run like a daemon... for web style applications.   Of course anyone who wants to do this would be greatly encouraged...

Using a small scripting language to drive the library... maybe something nice to try as well..

--
Andy Tai, address@hidden