[Gnu-arch-users] Re: GPLv2 or GPLv2+

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: GPLv2 or GPLv2+
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:23:17 +0900

>  > Sorry for the mess but, whatcha gonna do?
>
> Is there a mess?  Legally, it's perfectly clear that it's GPLv2-only.

The issue, AFAICS is simply that some people actually _intend_ to follow
"FSF practice" and make their files GPLVx+, but don't realize they need
to say this.  So it would generally help to reduce confusion to use an
explicit statement in each file, even in case where it's technically
redundant.

-Miles

--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research