Subject Namimg Convention anyone?

From: Mark Elston
Subject: Subject Namimg Convention anyone?
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:20:43 -0000

OK.  I'm starting to get annoyed with the SPAM starting to show up in
this newsgroup.  Since this is an unmoderated group could we all agree
to use a naming convention for posting to allow us to easily weed out
the wheat from the chaff?

Perhaps something like [SRC] at the beginning of the Subject for
source postings and [DISC] for discussions/questions/etc?  That would
put relevant posts at the top of the list in most newsreaders and we
can easily select and delete all other posts.  Or we could filter out
all posts that don't begin with the agreed strings.

It isn't overwhelming yet but I don't like opening even one spammer's
post if I can avoid it.  It's something like a matter of pride.  I just
don't want them to win even once...

Mark