convert-quotes.el v. 0.1

From: Bill White
Subject: convert-quotes.el v. 0.1
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 02:32:31 GMT

Fix quotes *throughout the current buffer* for proper processing in
tex/latex and friends.

Converts:
  left " -> ``
  right " -> ''
  left ' -> `

I don't remember how I developed the regexps 6 years ago.  I might
have taken them from some tcl code in Pete Keleher's Alpha text editor
for the Mac, which had a nifty function like this.  Anyway, it all
works fine for me.  However, to paraphrase Kai Großjohann...

Warning: this is alpha code!  Use at your own risk!  Don your asbestos
longjohns!  Might eat your work for lunch!

Cheers -

bw
--
Bill White . address@hidden . http://members.wri.com/billw