Patch for rcompile.el to enable remote compiles via TRAMP

From: msabramo
Subject: Patch for rcompile.el to enable remote compiles via TRAMP
Date: 16 Jun 2006 15:38:59 -0700

Apologies in advance if there is a better place for me to send this.

I was attempting to use rcompile.el to remotely compile programs on a
FreeBSD box from my Mac using Aquamacs (Emacs 22), but found that it
only worked with ange-ftp and not with TRAMP.

I made a quick hack to make rcompile grok TRAMP:

http://marc.abramowitz.info/download/elisp/rcompile.tramp.diff

I'm not an expert in rcompile or TRAMP, so this might not be the best
code, but hopefully it at least illustrates the basic idea.

-Marc