Re: Recoverable File Deletion System

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: Recoverable File Deletion System
Date: 31 May 2007 23:16:03 -0500

On Sun, 27 May 2007, address@hidden wrote:
>     Richard, founder of this wonderful piece of software that
>     permeates my life, (ie, I'm asking this with honest curiousity)
>     Davin asked why his code was or was not given consideration for
>     inclusion on the windows specific URL for questions about the
>     windows specific distribution of GNU Emacs.  Why was it not
>     appropriate?
>
> There is no "Windows-specific distribution of GNU Emacs".
> The standard version of GNU Emacs runs on various systems.
> That includes Microsoft Windows.

Ah yes.  That's right.  I've been using Emacs on windows for so darn
long that I forgot that I integrated a bunch of .els that specifically
helped me deal with windows.  The GNU Emacs isn't specific to windows.

I'm assuming this statement only deals with the Elisp virtual machine?
There has to be tons of windows specific code in the emacs.exe that
actually runs on windows?

--
Galen Boyer