Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: realplay.el interface with Real Player v. 1879
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:09:44 -0400

Since RealPlayer is non-free software, not respecting users' freedom,
we don't want to legitimize its use.

RealPlayer is very well known, probably having more users than Emacs.
So it is ok to have a package for using Emacs with RealPlayer; I think
its main effect will be to encourage use of Emacs, not encourage
installation of RealPlayer.

Still, the package ought to mention that people should not use
RealPlayer if they want freedom.  Most of the users in our community
have never heard this; and even for those who have, it is so easy to
get distracted...