Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything

From: billclem
Subject: Re: ;;; anything.el --- open anything
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:47:50 -0000

Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
> address@hidden writes:
>> Restoring the eval-after-load statement at the top of the code and
>> eliminating the (require 'anything) at the bottom of the code fixes
>> things.
>
> But with the eval-after-load anything.el was loaded before
> anything-config.el and then the keymaps of anything.el were used.
>
> I think I have to read through the docs of eval-after-load a bit mare
> carefully...
>
> (I'll do that as soon as possible.)

It looks like you & Tamas are caught in a bit of a catch22 here. You
need to have your defvar's evaluated before the same ones in
anything.el are so you want anything-config.el to be loaded
first. However, if anything.el is loaded after anything-config.el,
then the defun's that have the same name get redefined by anything.el
(for example: anything-transform-files). It looks like you'll have to
do 1 of 3 things:

1. If you load anything.el before anything-config.el, you need to
change your defvar's to setq's

2. If you load anything.el after anything-config.el, Tamas will need
to wrap his defun's with a check to see whether a function is already
defined and only do the defun if the function hasn't already been
defined.

3. You could have all your defvar's before the (require 'anything) and
all you defun's after that statement so that your version of the
defvar's and defun's are both used.

- Bill