Re: file-journal.el --- revisit files by date

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: file-journal.el --- revisit files by date
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 23:51:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 27, 6:48 am, "address@hidden"
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Reading this presentation
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~federico/docs/2008-GUADEC/html/index.html
>
> I thought something like this could be useful for Emacs, so I did a
> quick implementation:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/file-journal.el

Before anyone else asks I don't know how it compares to recentf and
co., since I've never used those packages.

I saw this presentation and the idea that recently used files can be
grouped by dates seemed interesting, so I coded it for fun. I imagine
recentf and similar packages provide a flat list of recent files, and
no means to see which files I edited, say, 3 days ago, but I can be
wrong, of course.