[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:05:10 +0200
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.0.60 (gnu/linux)
This is version 1.99 of newsticker, an RSS and Atom reader (sometimes
called "aggregator" or "Feed Reader") for Emacs.
Newsticker is part of GNU Emacs. This version has been integrated in
Emacs' CVS repository.
- Headlines can now be downloaded using Emacs' built-in download
capabilities (`url-retrieve'). The old download method with an
external command (typically wget, see `newsticker-wget-name') still
exists. The new option `newsticker-retrieval-method' controls which
method is used. Its default value 'intern enables the internal
- The URI of a feed can now either be a string (as before) or a
function symbol. In the latter case headlines for that feed will be
retrieved by calling that function (and not by using
- In addition to the existing headline reader (now called plainview),
a new frontend for reading headlines has been written. It uses
separate windows for the feeds (in tree form), a list of headlines
for the current feed, and the content of the current headline. Feeds
can be organized in groups. The new option `newsticker-frontend'
controls which reader frontend is used. Its default value is
- Feeds can be organized in groups.
- Parsing of RSS and Atom contents.
- Importing and exporting opml files.
- Reading and saving cache file.
- Other minor things.
Please note that newsticker's default behaviour has changed:
- Newsticker now uses `url-retrieve' for downloading feeds. Change
`newsticker-retrieval-method' to 'extern to restore the old
- Newsticker now uses a new frontend for reading headlines. Change
`newsticker-frontend' to 'newsticker-plainview to restore the old
For more information see the Commentary in the file, or newsticker's
homepage at savannah: http://www.nongnu.org/newsticker/. (Note that
development is done in the Emacs CVS repository directly. Files at
savannah are updated from time to time only.)
Description: Binary data
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- newsticker 1.99,
Ulf Jasper <=