[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[NonGNU ELPA] Go-Mode version 1.5.0
[NonGNU ELPA] Go-Mode version 1.5.0
Sat, 07 Aug 2021 17:02:36 -0400
Version 1.5.0 of package Go-Mode has just been released in NonGNU ELPA.
You can now find it in M-x package-list RET.
Go-Mode describes itself as:
Major mode for the Go programming language
More at https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu/go-mode.html
* Fix minor bugs in fontification.
* Use unwind-protect in gofmt, ensuring that temporary files will be
removed in all cases.
* Improve go-remove-unused-imports: don't fail to remove unused
imports because of compilation errors in other files.
* Add new commands for jumping to various parts of function
- go-goto-arguments (C-c C-f a)
- go-goto-docstring (C-c C-f d)
- go-goto-function (C-c C-f f)
- go-goto-function-name (C-c C-f n)
- go-goto-return-values (C-c C-f r)
- go-goto-method-receiver (C-c C-f m)
Thanks to Lowe Thiderman for contributing these commands.
* Add new customizable variable go-packages-function, which allows
choosing between different ways of finding installed packages.
Currently, go-packages-native (the default) and go-packages-go-list
* Automatically detect if goimports is used instead of gofmt and pass
the -srcdir flag, enabling support for vendoring.
* Add new customizable variable gofmt-args, a list of strings that
will be passed to gofmt as additional arguments. Primarily this
allows using the -s flag with gofmt.
* Add detection of GOPATH, Godep, wgo and gb. A new non-interactive
function go-guess-gopath will try a list of functions (the
customizable variable go-guess-gopath-functions) to detect a
suitable value for GOPATH. A new interactive command go-set-project
uses the result of go-guess-gopath to actually set GOPATH. This
interactive function could be used from inside a
projectile-switch-project-hook, directory variables or some other
way of invoking per-project code.
* Add new command go-reset-gopath, which resets GOPATH to the value
it had when Emacs started.
* Add customizable variable godoc-command, which allows choosing
between using godoc and go doc, and generally specifying
alternative paths to those tools.
It defaults to go doc, which differs from prior versions which always
* Add customizable variable godoc-use-completing-read, which allows
turning on or off the completion of import paths in the godoc
command. This is only really useful when using godoc instead of go
doc, and thus defaults to off.
* Fix parsing of test output in compilation-mode for new versions of
Emacs. It's probably broken in older versions now.
* Add support for electric-indent-mode and only reindent for closing
parens, not colons, commas or equal signs.
* Avoid warnings by the byte compiler -- Use cl-lib instead of cl,
and utilize a macro to conditionally compile fallback code.
* Use null-device instead of /dev/null to work better on Windows.
* Add new customizable variable godoc-at-point-function, which allows
choosing between strategies for finding an identifier's
* Add new function godoc-and-godef, which is the default function
used for godoc-at-point and matches the previous behaviour.
* Add new customizable variable godoc-and-godef-command, which allows
specifying the path to the godoc binary.
* Add the function godoc-gogetdoc, which provides godoc-at-point
functionality by using the third party tool gogetdoc.
* The godoc command no longer defaults to the symbol under point. It
rarely defaulted to a useful value. If you're interested in
documentation for the identifier at point, use godoc-at-point
* Set compilation-error-screen-columns to nil in go-mode buffers. Go
uses tabs for indentation, and go/parser-based tools emit column
numbers in terms of characters, where a tab is one character wide.
Emacs defaults to interpreting columns as screen columns, where a
tab is tab-width columns wide. This breaks jumping to the right
columns from compilation-mode
* Use HTTPS when talking to the Go Playground. Not only is it safer,
it is required nowadays.
* The 1.3.0 release forgot to update the version in the pa...
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [NonGNU ELPA] Go-Mode version 1.5.0,
ELPA update <=