Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Thunderbird recommending non-free software

From: Graziano Sorbaioli
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Thunderbird recommending non-free software
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 00:35:26 +0800

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 13:10 +0100, Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
wrote:
> found the button that makes it all a problem
>
> it is called "get extensions"
>
> anyone want to code this out of tb?
>
> it will need a new name to comply with the mozilla foundation trademark
> policy

I suggested GNU Mail but Yavor Doganov on gnewsense-dev answered me:
> GNU mail? :)

That would be confused with GNUMail [1], the GNUstep MUA.  Plus, there
alrady is GNU mail, GNU's implementation of the standard mail program
(from mailutils).

IceCrow, IceRooster or some other Ice$BIRD in the true spirit of the
"iceweaselization", maybe...

[1] http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail/

--
Graziano Sorbaioli  |  http://sorbaioli.org