Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in exte

From: Diego Saravia
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in external files
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 16:53:28 -0300

2009/8/17 Alexandre Oliva <address@hidden>:
> On Aug 17, 2009, Diego Saravia <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> 2009/8/17 Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
>
>>     If users get the driver and microcode on their own, they can install
>>     and run them.
>
>> thats not the point
>
> It is an important point nevertheless.
>
> Do you acknowledge that point?  Do you agree with it, i.e., do you agree
> that users can get the driver and firmware on their own and install it,
> regardless of whatever ships in a Free System Distribution?

I am not god

I do not believe in god

That users can do that is a reality, I cant do anything about that

What I can do is work to a) promote the develop  of a free driver
b) bypass a law to end copyright c) reverse engeneer the blob, etc

Users can do what they want.

do you have a problem with that?

I can speak, promote free ideas, etc,

what do you want', a law to send to jail users of non free software?

do you want to kill them?

--
Diego Saravia
address@hidden