Re: [GNU-linux-libre] blag n'est pas mort. Vive blag

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] blag n'est pas mort. Vive blag
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 10:48:00 +1030

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:44:08 -0500
Abdur-Rahman Morgan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Good Day All,
>
> I am Abdur-Rahman Morgan(tearms), a 28 year 21st century technosapien,
> from Brooklyn, NY, USA. I am ... behind BLAG and will be contributors
> to next release, BLAG 120k.
>
> Over the past week and a half as several members and I have been
> working on our setup with Koji, I was disturbed to hear about A.J

Koji?

> Venter's leave from Kongoni, which prompted me to think about the
> state of Free Software Distribution's. Fortunately, I was in the
> fsfla channel on Freenode and they were having a discussion about
> areas where Free Software distributions could combine efforts. To

What was the result of the discussion? to email brett?

> Initially, I saw the event being hosted by each Free Software
> Foundation with individuals having a space to gather physically while
> users listen to presentations live while simultaneously being
> streamed in real-time. Free Software Distribution could follow the

This does require lots of bandwidth, and an FSF of some sort near by.

> same format, but its clear that while video and audio would be
> optimal, that a simple audio stream would be feasible to reach a
> wider audience. What needs to be clarified is communication between
> users listening and   question and answer session between each
> presentation. A post that I looked at here by Jaromil, may be the
> solution to that problem. If there are hundreds of users who have
> questions, who decides what questions should be answered and what
> space do we use to answer questions that were not addressed.

Isn't this a standard issue for any q+a session?

> Foundation's. It seems that some devs will not be able to attend
> libre-planet and my goals with FSDCon is to have a space where we can
> all meet first and discuss what it is to become.

I assume the 'all meet first' here refers to the streaming audio
(otherwise the sentence makes no sense to me).

> The purpose of FSDCon is to provide the community with a space where
> all users can understand the state of Free Software Distributions and
> initiatives where they can contribute to them and FSFs' and I have not
> set idea of when it is to take place. I want that decision to be made
> based on discussing areas where we can collaborate which has more of a
> priority, especially as BLAG hashes issues with its infrastructure. We
> have been actively addressing different issues and they will continue
> in at our weekly meetings. A strong infrastructure is vital to our
> long-term success and I would be interested in seeing how we each
> structure things to discuss areas of strengths and weaknesses we can
> benefit, learn and work together to ensure fluid communication if
> there are areas we have problems.

a thread here about the infrastructure distros use would be interesting
to me.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)