Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Introducing ConnochaetOS

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Introducing ConnochaetOS
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:11:52 -0500

2010/8/17 Henry Jensen <address@hidden>
Hello jaromil,

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:01:41 +0200
jaromil <address@hidden> wrote:

> this sounds like very good news! while i'm forwarding your heads-up to
> the developer community behind dyne:bolic, i can already anticipate
> we'd be happy to offer you hosting facilities, like bugtracker, git
> repository, mailinglist and visibility among our community, so that
> our efforts can benefit from each other.

That would be really good. As a small team we lack resources...

> what are you planning to base Connochaetos on? i can recommend LFS as
> being a very good start for a system crafted in good detail, but later
> on very difficult to port for PPC computers like old Macintosh
> hardware, a missed goal for dyne:bolic so far.

We will base ConnochaetOS on Arch GNU/Linux. It has a good packaging system (pacman)
and package building with the Arch Building System is quite simple. It has some influence
from BSD Ports (similar to Gentoo and Crux).

We will build everything new, since we want to support i586 (Arch is built for i686).
Additionally we will replace some components, because of footprint, stability or freedom.

Even if you do your own separate project, Parabola is doing the same work as you and it would be good if you share knowledge with each other. http://www.parabolagnulinux.org/ It has a community and some advance already.
--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez

GNU should mean "GNU's not Ubuntu!

Estas son opiniones personales y no representan la posición de ninguna organización.