Re: [GNU-linux-libre] acpica-unix

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] acpica-unix
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 00:15:22 GMT

    I have doubts about the text (for me) complex of this license
    http://www.acpica.org/downloads/unix_source_code.php Free?

Not that I'm one to make an official qualification of anything, but I
don't see anything immediately nonfree in there.  It appears to be more
or less X11-ish plus an export clause.  The export clause makes it
GPL-incompatible, but not nonfree.

Perhaps others here will spot something more problematic.  Or maybe
debian-legal or others have already researched it?

Best,
Karl