Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Smartphones and freedom

From: A.J. Venter
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Smartphones and freedom
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:04:15 +0200

Thanks everybody for the significant amount of useful information. I
am really glad to hear about FDroid and Replicant - we need to get
these projects some more exposure !
Seems to me that most immediately - the biggest way I can contribute
here - is to help grow FDroid's applist ... so time to start writing
some decent free replacements for some of the more needed apps. Top of
my head (and from things I personally need) a decent unrestricted
sound/voice-recorder app and a file-manager with astro's features and
a free license jumps to mind.

I think it's about time I ended my coding hiatus... I have work to do :D

--
A.J. Venter
Founder and lead developer, Kongoni GNU/Linux