Re: [GNU-linux-libre] chromium not free?

From: Rubén Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] chromium not free?
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 03:36:13 +0100

> http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Software_blacklist#chromium-browser says:
>
> (1) Copyright or license of some code is unclear
> (2) Links to proprietary plugins.

The copyright file provided by google (the one linked at the LP
blacklist) is ok, but the actual copyright file provided by Ubuntu is
this humongous thing:
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/universe/c/chromium-browser/chromium-browser_10.0.648.133~r77742-0ubuntu0.10.10.1/copyright

It includes things marked as Copyright: UNKNOWN: License: *No
copyright* UNKNOWN

The debian one (they have it in stable/main) is about the same.

> ¿Could someone specify which so it can be removed/replaced for Ututo?

I think it would require some effort to sort that out. It might even be
fully free, it is hard to tell.