[GNU-linux-libre] ConnochaetOS 0.9.1 released

From: Henry Jensen
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] ConnochaetOS 0.9.1 released
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:50:28 +0100

I am announcing the release of ConnochaetOS 0.9.1. This is a
maintenance release. The ConnochaetOS 0.9.0 ISO was downloaded 20,000
times. The Free Software Foundation examined every package very closely
and said, that we meet the FSF' criteria at this point. So we consider
that the ConnochaetOS project is a success.

Since the 0.9.0 release many bugs were fixed. The default kernel was
upgraded to Linux-Libre 2.6.32.57 and many other packages were upgraded
and we released many security fixes.

ConnochaetOS 0.9.1 provides:

- Kernel Linux-Libre 2.6.32.57
- The IceWM Desktop 1.3.7
- A lightweight webkit based web browser - xxxterm
- Goffice Word processor and Spredsheet - Abiword and Gnumeric
- Lightweight E-mail and IRC app, multimedia player, file manager, CD
  burning tool and even some small games

Optional are available:

- Kernel Linux-Libre 3.2.7
- Iceweasel-Libre in the versions 3.5.16.12 (LTS) and 10.0.2 (Current)
- LXDE 0.5.x

and many other packages.

ConnochaetOS is a GNU/Linux desktop distribution for old computers.
Minimum hardware requirements are:

- A i586 compatible processor (i. e. Pentium I)
- At least 64 MB RAM
- At least a 2 GB hard disk

ConnochaetOS is a libre GNU/Linux distribution which follows the
“Guidelines for Free System Distributions”. See
http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html for
more information.

You can find ConnochaetOS at http://www.connochaetos.org