Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Recent changes to non-FSDG list

From: Grant H.
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Recent changes to non-FSDG list
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 01:28:52 -0700

Hi,

Just FYI I am not done working on the page and it is still a work in
progress.  I also just want to quickly introduce myself.  I volunteer
for Trisquel GNU/Linux.

I can't really speak to the thunderbird issue.  As far as the
OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice I can put it back the way it was.  The reason
I changed it like that was because I was trying to apply the KISS (Keep
it simple, stupid) principle.  The idea was that if OpenOffice.org had
problems x,y,z and LibreOffice fixes those problems then the simple
solution would be to use LibreOffice instead of trying to modify
OpenOffice.org to fix.  That is my view as a non-developer.  However,
Sam I know you work on gNewSense and since it sounds like you have a
good reason (integration) to use OO.org over LibreOffice I have no
problem with the recommended fix being restored to the way it was.  This
was mainly because the page had in some places way way too much
information.  I was trying to simplify things.

I also noticed the part about the "PN=".  I fixed the ones I can and
listed the source packages.  Like I said I am not totally done working
on the page and I actually have a few items I feel need to be added (but
I have to run them by the list or RMS first).

Lastly, if anyone thinks they can improve on the page go for it.  I
obviously don't claim to "own" the wikipage or anything.  If you want to
get in contact with me you can email me or if I am online you can ping
me on irc on freenode in #fsf or #trisquel.

Peace.

--
*Grant H.
*Email: address@hidden