Re: [GNU-linux-libre] choosealicense.com fork with better wording, perha

From: Riley Baird (Orthogonal)
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] choosealicense.com fork with better wording, perhaps ?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 16:32:23 +1000

On 05/08/14 12:10, Felipe Sanches wrote:
> Is there something similar to http://choosealicense.com/ but with language
> better aligned to the mission of the free software movement ?

I don't know, but personally, I think that a fork over something like
this would be a bad idea. We don't fork every program that uses the word
"Linux" instead of "GNU/Linux" to refer to the operating system in its
documentation, for example. If you're concerned about it, perhaps you
could write to the maintainer and ask them to use neutral terms (e.g.
"FLOSS" instead of "OSS" on their main page).