Re: [GNU-linux-libre] MAME

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] MAME
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 04:15:45 +0200

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 15:03:49 -0300
Felipe Sanches <address@hidden> wrote:

> It is basically only used for running arbitrary non-free flash
> programs sent to the user.
How do you know it's *only* used to do that:

As I understand it, gnash is/was used a lot to run flash educative games
on the OLPC. Gnash is not only a plugin in a browser, it can also run
standalone.

I didn't look for any useful flash program, however I would guess that
the probabilities of having free software flash programs that can be
compiled with free software is high.

Denis.