Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [libreplanet-discuss] programming language package

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [libreplanet-discuss] programming language package manager
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 04:37:41 -0400

  > Most of the repositories listed are based on manifest files that contain
  > license metadata about the package, but none of the underlying package
  > managers contain means of:

  > * disallowing non-FLOSS-licensed packages; or even so much as
  > * ensuring the licenses of all libraries are compatible with each other.

Even better would be to make a rule for the repository
that only GPL-compatible free licenses are permitted.
That way, the package manager does not need to think about the issue.

Perhaps our versions of these repositories should reject all but
the GPL-compatible free packages.

--
Dr Richard Stallman