Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [libreplanet-discuss] freedom problems in docker

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [libreplanet-discuss] freedom problems in docker
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 22:41:14 -0400

  > It is impossible to   filter it
  > because  Docker Hub is non free

Does "Docker Hub" mean their repository?

  > My idea is simple
  > we make new repository ( empty )

  > And make people use it (Publish their Containers in it)
  > this will make the freedom lovers   move from  Docker Hub to this repository

I think we will have much more success if we filter the existing
contents of their repository.

  > > Can you set up the repository on a local machine,
  > > so you can verify it works?
  > How??
  > my IP is change Every tyme

You can test your local repository by accessing it on localhost.
You don't even need a network connection to do that.

The crucial part of the job is to identify which containers are free
and which are not.  Ideally, that should be done automatically.

The next part of the job is to create a repository for them.
Maybe this is trivial -- maybe we just need to use existing free
software to do a common job.  Or maybe not.

--
Dr Richard Stallman