Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Perfectionism

From: Jeff F.
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Perfectionism
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:06:20 -0500

Le jeudi 10 novembre 2016 à 23:32 +0300, Jean Louis a écrit :
[...]
> when you change it, [...] say you changed it,
[...]

I detailed (elsewhere in the thread) the most significant changes,
and I explained why I am not going to be sending you a press release
everytime someone does a minute adjustment, when we easily do over a
thousand improvements per month on the contents of the website.

[...]
> In regards to "alternatives", before 2 days I have reviewed
> your website. And I found pointers on first page to PureOS, it does
> not matter. You changed it, or somebody else, and now you claim it
> was never there.
[...]

I never claimed that. Those taking the time to read my posts
*carefully* here can see that. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Wait a minute. Even though I never claimed that, now that you mention
it... the "alternatives" word *actually never was* on the PureOS pages,
so you're wrong on two more accounts now. All that has changed in
recent times on the PureOS page, besides having nicer screenshots
(added two weeks ago, they actually *de-emphasize* the hardware, so
this whole thing was already in the works), is removing the header and
footer, and moving mentions of Purism to a disclaimer footnote at the
very end ("that'll make everybody happy", we thought). I have the diffs
to prove it, and Internet caches also agree with me. Even if you were
to go ten months back in time, you would see that page never mentioned
"open source" alone (in "substitution" to free/libre) and never used
the word "alternatives".

Stop seeing bad intent everywhere and derailing these threads.
I've so far not seen you provide a single piece of constructive
criticism on actionable *technical* matters that are relevant to the
PureOS GNU/Linux *OS* itself. Only contradictions and obsession about
terminology that is already compliant with the strictest expectations
of this industry.

I believe I have addressed all your concerns.
Having cleared my name, I will now be taking my leave.

licensing@, I am told, pointed us here.