Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Free firmware - A redefinition of the term and a n

From: Christopher Howard
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Free firmware - A redefinition of the term and a new metric for it's measurement.
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 11:57:40 -0900

Some folks are working a free firmware for Rpi2:

https://wiki.debian.org/RaspberryPi2

What you say below is not necessarily true. You can buy libre systems.
Of course, sometimes they cost more... but in a non-ideal world freedom
sometimes comes with a price. Anyway, the point of projects like this
and RYF and other libre projects is to make freedom available to
everyone, even the "non-technical" folks.

David, I think you need to give up wasting your time trying to convince
a Gnu/Linux *Libre* list that proprietary kernel blobs are a good idea.
Most people are here because they care more about freedom than getting
the support of every manufacturer on the market. If you want to make
headway, just register at any "Linux" forum on the web and you'll find
that 80% of the people there already agree with you.

--
Christopher Howard, Computer Assistant
Alaska Satellite Internet