Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Fully FOSS Tails OS

From: parazyd
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Fully FOSS Tails OS
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 12:57:13 +0100

Greetings!

I've successfully managed to deblob the kernel after patching with
grsec.

I maintain my own repository of the kernel, and you can see the process
by looking at the commits: https://gogs.dyne.org/heads/linux-heads

Basically, I've started with a vanilla 4.4 (using the configs from
Alpine Linux, with some modifications (can be found here:
https://gogs.dyne.org/heads/build-system/src/master/extra/heads-amd64.config))

Afterwards, patched to 4.4.45, then applied grsec, and aufs4 (in that
order).

Grabbed the linux-libre scripts, and they ran successfully :)

A preview of heads is being released tomorrow, so you can try it out!
The website is at https://heads.dyne.org

Best regards!

--
~ parazyd
GPG: 0333 7671 FDE7 5BB6 A85E  C91F B876 CB44 FA1B 0274