Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Reviewing ConnochaetOS

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Reviewing ConnochaetOS
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2017 12:59:55 -0700 (PDT)

The FSF can, of course, set whatever criteria/conditions they want in
order to put their name behind something.

While I don't pretend to speak for the FSF the things I point out are
things that, based on past experience, are problematic points to
address if the end goal is indeed to get the FSF to put their name
behind ConnochaetOS. (As one example, the consensus on this mailing
list for years has been that the notion that the Linux kernel logging
firmware names when they're missing is not desirable. I've even
provided references to that effect. The list archives may very well
provide other such references.)