Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [Freedom issue, originally posted on Parabola bug

From: Félicien Pillot
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [Freedom issue, originally posted on Parabola bug tracker] Blender, SuperTuxKart and The Battle for Wesnoth.
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 21:28:02 +0200

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 07:38:41 -0400
bill-auger <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 08/13/2017 12:07 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> > They're rejected to remove the downloader:
> > https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/1897
>
> someone just showed me an interesting twist regarding this today - it
> appears that the wesnooth developers have changed their website and
> github to replace all mentions of "Free Software" with "Open Source"
> quoting the issue above as one of the motivations
>
> " ... to avoid drawing in people who are much more strongly in favor of
> Free Software purity ... "
>
> https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=46823&p=617411#p617409

It looks like we have lost this fight...
I'm not so surprised, seeing what kinds of people did work in this project :
https://wayback.archive.org/web/20170301021140/http://gna.org/users/esr

Happy packaging ;)
---
Félicien Pillot
2C7C ACC0 FBDB ADBA E7BC  50D9 043C D143 6C87 9372
address@hidden - address@hidden