Re: [GNU-linux-libre] FSF endorsement request for Hyperbola GNU/Linux-li

From: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] FSF endorsement request for Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 17:15:48 +0200

re all,

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017, André Silva wrote:

> * What is Hyperbola?
>
> Hyperbola (https://www.hyperbola.info) is a Free Software and Free
> Culture project aiming to provide a fully free as in freedom GNU/Linux
> distribution called Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre. It is based on the
> packages of the Arch GNU/Linux plus security and stability patches of
> Debian GNU/Linux under a Long Term Support (LTS) way. Our next version
> (Milky Way v0.2) we will support OpenRC as our main dependency-based
> init instead of systemd. [2]

I haven't tested this yet, however I am very curious to see how
security patches from Debian are integrated into Arch.

>From its on-line documentation and plans Hyperbola looks like a solid
start and this is an exemplary submission. I sincerely hope it passes
the review and most importantly the distribution thrives. Its a great
addition not only to 100% free/libre distros, but also to the Init
Freedom family of distros.  Thanks for taking this step.

ciao