Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1262331] (inactive Linux distributions)

From: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1262331] (inactive Linux distributions)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 15:35:49 +0100

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018, bill-auger wrote:

> my opinion however, is that there is no reason to remove a distro from
> the list only for being unmaintained - if it works: it works - and
> always will - but the case with blag is something different - blag
> actually has no software available - the download links on their website
> have not worked in a very long time because (as ive heard) the files
> were lost - "blag" exists in reality only in the form of it's website -

as far as I know, being old friend with Jebba, he has moved on and the
group that wanted to take up maintainance of blag hasn't been
following up, so I think your assessment is sadly right. I think BLAG
should be remembered as a great piece of software in the history of
100% free distributions. BTW Jebba is still doing a lot of open source
and open hardware stuff these days, especially in 3d printing...

ciao